Chinese Hydraulic Engineering Society ( CHES ) founded originally on April 1931 and rehabilitated and reconstructed in 1957 is an academic organization of Chinese Hydraulic Engineering professionals, affiliated with the China Association for Science and Technology. CHES is a body corporate.
To promote the development of water resources science and technology both in theory and in practice, and to advance the growth of talents in water resources field.
· To sponsor and organize the national and international academic exchanges and cooperation
· To popularize scientific knowledge of the water resources, to publicize scientific spirits, thoughts and ways, and to spread advanced technology
· To organize technology development and popularization, and to provide consulting services and technical services
· To organize continuing education and technical training courses
· To publish technical periodicals and academic monograph
· To recommend talents and commend or reward the organizations and individuals with excellent academic
· Journal of Hydraulic Engineering
Monthly, Open Publish,Chinese Nucleus Journal for publishing domestic academic research achievements in the field of hydraulic engineering.
· Journal of Geotechnical Engineering
Bimonthly, Open Publish, Chinese Nucleus Journal for publishing domestic achievements of academic research,scientific test and engineering practice in the field of geotechnical engineering.
· Journal of Sediment Research
Bimonthly, Open Publish, Chinese Nucleus Journal for publishing the achievements of investigations on sediment transport in rivers, lakes and water resources projects.
· Water Resources Planning
Quarterly, publishing the water conservancy planning, and the development, saving and protection of ?water resources.
· CHES Bulletin
Monthly, publishing information on CHES and its committees,group membership and provincial branches.
Personal Membership: Those who have qualification for engineer or above, or those who have equivalent qualifications can apply for CHES personal membership. CHES at present has 93309 members.
Foreign Membership: Foreign scholar can apply for CHES foreign membership. CHES now has 16 members.
Group Membership: CHES now has 60 group membership-hydraulic enterprises and institutes that are all supportive to CHES activities.
The Council members are elected through vote of representatives taking place once every 5 years. The present Council ( 7th ) includes:
Honorary President: Wang Shucheng, Minister of MWR
President: Zhu Erming, Technical consultant.of MWR
Dou Guoren,Nanjing Hydtaulic Research Institute. Academician, China? Academy of Sciences.
Liang Ruiju, China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropwer Research ( IWHR ), Professorship Senior Engineer.
Chen Houqun, IWHR, Academician, China Academy of Engineering.
Zheng Shouren, Chief Engineer of Yangtze River Water Resources Commission, MWR. Academician, China Academy of Engineering.
Zhou Juexin, Deputy Director of Technical commission, Ministry of Communication. Professorship Senior Engineer.
Yuan Guolin, Deputy Manager of CTGPC, Professorship Senior Engineer.
Gao Anzhe, Chief Engineer of MWR. Professorship Senior Engineer.
Zhang Guoliang, Director, General Design and Planning Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower, MWR. Professorship Senior Engineer.
Cao ZhengQi, CHES, Professorship Senior Engineer
Standing Committee of the Council: 29 members
Council: 167 members
Honorary member: 63 members
· CHES has 38 committees and 8 working committees, 8 China national committees under international academic organization.
· 31 regional societies distributed in provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities organizing regional
academic activities and guided by CHES.
· CHES Secretariat is in charge of its routine work.
2-2, BaiGuang Road, Beijing 100053, P.R.China
Tel: +861063202163? Fax: +861063202154